Monday, January 13, 2020

Don't like Winter


I will be so glad for Winter to finish up and Spring to arrive.  I am not a cold weather person.  I like sunshine, digging in the dirt, going hiking and just feeling the sun on my skin.  The calendar just turned over to 2020, another decade is gone.  In another decade 2030, I'm not even sure I'll still be here.  If life's problems will be over and life is good, I'd like to be here. But the Lord says he didn't promise easy times or a perfect world but He did say, He'd be here with us through all of it. Our kids are grown; their kids are grown; and our kids will be grandparents in a few years for sure. We are losing our high school friends, it was their time.  The Lord is keeping us here, it is not our time (yet). We have a lot of blessings and are thankful for each one.  My hobby of genealogy is still keeping me busy and have entered all my paper data into my computer. I have been going through all my papers, keepsakes and things I've saved for years and putting them in folders with our family's surnames on them.  We have between 8-10 Surnames and I've used Zip Lock Bags to divide the items up by surname so all the kids can just pull out their family keepsakes when that time comes. I'll be thankful for this school year to be over, for Ryan especially but also Elora and her first year of college.   Life has always been hard but the kids today have it especially hard, as the world is in a pitiful place and the Devil roams at random and hits every family in different ways.  We have to put on the armor of the Lord and fight hard.  Tomorrow is another day & eternity is right around the corner. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment